A voice in the workplace Cottam
A voice in the workplace
Only a union can give you a voice in the workplace, and only a union gives you a chance to address the major issues affecting your work life and your family.
Once Unifor is certified as your bargaining agent with the vote on Sept 7 2021, we will begin meeting with you to identify the issues that are most important to you and your co-workers, and from there develop with you a set of bargaining priorities to negotiate your first collective agreement.
Already, several issues have been identified as major concerns in the workplace:
- Health & Safety in our workplace so all go home injury or accident free.
- And end to favouritism that comes through rules in the workplace
- A grievance procedure that helps settle disputes in a way that is fair to all involved
- The Freeze Provision in Ontario Labour Law ensures that your pay, benefits and working conditions cannot change between now and ratification of your first collective agreement, without your consent
The first step to addressing these issues is to vote Yes to Unifor in Tuesday’s vote.
Remember to vote and make your voice heard. Vote details:
- When: Tuesday, Sept 7 2021 starting at 12:00 pm and running until Sept 8 2021 at 12:00pm
- Where: Electronic E-Vote
- What: Vote to join Unifor
Results should be available later in the evening on September 8th, and we will get the results to you as soon as possible after that. If you have any questions, please contact your Member Organizer for assistance..
-John Biekx, Member Organizer. [email protected] (519)322-9564